Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jacob Scheier

It is taking the kids a while to fall asleep. Everything else in house is quiet except for their voices... They are making up an elaborate story about my youngest's crush. The eldest is now pretending he is in a spaceship and he is blasting off.

I am thinking about Jacob Scheier's visit and reading on November 26th. The Winner of last year's Governor General Award for poetry. His book is amazing and what is even more amazing is that I knew his mother. She was my professor in university all those years ago and I thought alot of her. Now her son is carrying on her legacy..she would be so proud. -The 26th is also David's birthday..this will be a special day in many ways..David will most likely be going to atleast one of the readings..he is a writer of Haiku. Wow, don't I have a lot of cleaning up to do around here before the exciting upcoming visit. I feel blessed.

No comments: