Thursday, June 24, 2010

A place for thoughts

I am sitting in the place I love the most..my gloriously green, and leafy backyard. This is certainly a different garden from the one I had when I moved in. Back then it was a large backyard, full of weeds and scorchingly hot places..lit by the sun. Since our big, happy move into this house, we have added numerous plants. David added this wonderful pergola that I am sitting under..it gives so much shade. He also added a fantastic side garden which is part ornamental and part herb garden. In addition, the children enjoy their playfort which David and my father-in-law lovingly built together on a hot summer day. My mother in-law helped too.

This garden is a wondeful place for quiet, roaming thoughts. For the preservation of spoken or unspoken words. For quiet play or boisterous play. For bird watching, and watching the dozens of squirrels get so close they get underfoot. This is how it is for ou rlittle chipmunk that has become a little more confident and gets very close to us when we are hanging up our clothes on the line or having a snack outside.

I have really needed this place of thoughts to go to. Currently I am thinking about what to do in terms of my child who has a learning disability. I want what is best and to promote the learning process in a way that is encouraging. I wish I knew what to do. I have to think things through and plan ahead somehow. We have spent so much time here learning and growing together. I remember him sitting on the grass, watching the clouds roll by. I have always been impressed by his sophistication and incredible vocabulary. Life has many surprises and guess the L.D. is one of them. I hope one day he will see it as a gift, not a challenge when he can use to it help other people.
our

No comments: